Apple typically releases a new iPhone model every September. Even though it might seem like the iPhone 13 is just gone on sale, the launch of the iPhone 14 is still six months away. What you can expect, including updates of core features and other things, will discuss in this article.
Apple Computer Company was established by Steve Wozniak, Ronald Wayne, and Steve Jobs on April 1st, 1976, to develop and sell Wozniak’s Apple I personal computing device. In 1977, Wozniak and Jobs incorporated it as Apple Computer, Inc. Its next computer, the Apple II, became a bestseller. Apple Company became public in 1980 with immediate financial success.
In addition, Apple Inc. is an American multinational tech company that specializes in software, consumer electronics, and online services. Apple is the most significant information technology company, with a revenue of $365.8 billion in 2021, and it is also the world’s largest company. Furthermore, Apple Company is the second-largest producer of mobile phones and the fourth-largest personal computers vendor. It is one of the Big Five American information technology firms alongside Meta, Microsoft, Alphabet, and Amazon.
Apple Inc. began with the iPhone 6 in 2014. After that, it moved to a three-year cycle for new hardware designs. The company unveils an entirely new look in year one. It retains the same design but updates the internals in year two. The structure undergoes some significant alteration in year three.
The below-mentioned pattern has existed in the previous three designs.
- In 2014, the iPhone 6 was launched, followed by the iPhone 6s in 2015, both of which had the same design. The iPhone 7 was released in 2016 with a dual-camera, updated antenna lines on the Plus model, and the removal of phone connector- but with the same basic design.
- In 2017, the iPhone X was launched, followed by the iPhone Xs in 2018, both of which had the same design. In addition, the iPhone 11 was released in 2019 with a matte-textured back and a new camera system.
- Currently, we are on the iPhone 12 Life Cycle. The design was first introduced in 2020, and it will remain the same with the iPhone 13 in 2021. There will be several modifications for the iPhone 14 later this year.
With the upcoming iPhone line approximately five months away, what can we expect from the latest iPhone?
The overall design of the iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 will be maintained for another year. According to reports, we can expect the same rounded corners and flat edges as before. There will be the latest Pro model with the latest new notch. You will find larger camera bumps that can be used to accommodate new sensors. In addition, a circular cutout for the camera and a pill-shaped camera cutout for Face ID will be included in the notch. This will be Apple’s solution until it can fully embed FaceID and the front-facing camera into the display. It will be at least three or four years away from now.
One of the most notable differences in the iPhone 14 lineup is Apple’s shift in screen sizes when it comes to displays.
Here is the iPhone 13 lineup as of today:
- iPhone 13 Pro Max model with a 6.7-inches display
- iPhone 13 Pro model with a 6.1-inches display
- iPhone 13 model with a 6.1-inches display
- iPhone 13 mini model with a 5.4-inches display
Apple had to reconsider its lineup due to the relative sales performance of the smallest and largest size devices. The Max model is very popular, especially in China, while the mini variant does not sell well enough to justify its existence.
So, here’s Apple’s solution:
- iPhone 14 Pro Max with a 6.7-inches display
- iPhone 14 Pro with a 6.1-inches display
- iPhone 14 Max model with a 6.7-inches display
- iPhone 14 with a 6.1-inches display
As a result, the non-Pro iPhone line will get a 6.7-inch screen option for the first time. This version of the iPhone is expected to be very popular, as it will allow users to purchase Apple’s largest iPhone size for $200 less than its predecessor.
Furthermore, this raises the question of how Apple differentiates its non-Pro and Pro phones. Right now, the main differences are Stainless steel edges, a telephoto lens, a ProMotion screen, Edges, a lidar scanner, One extra graphics processor, a screen, a couple more hours of battery life, and 1-terabyte storage option.
It does not seem to be enough to support Pro status for the higher-end devices. On the other hand, Apple is doing more things to differentiate the iPhone 14 Pro from the lower-end models:
- According to recent information obtained from reliable sources, the Pro models will have the exclusive 48-megapixel camera sensor. The 12-megapixel camera sensor will remain on the regular iPhone 14.
- According to reports, Apple’s latest A16 chip will be used in the Pro models, while the ordinary models would likely use the A15 chip from the last year. The chip shortage may also have played a role in this decision beyond making the Pro stand out.
Camera buffs will appreciate the Pro’s vastly improved sensor. However, it is unlikely that a single-generation processor is enough to convince a user to buy the Pro.
Moreover, Apple is working on satellite connectivity for the iPhone. Apple originally planned to include this feature in the last year’s iPhone model; it could now be available. It is essential to be clear that the iPhone will not be able to make calls over satellite networks. The satellite feature will notify emergency contacts or send brief texts to them when the cellular network is not available.
According to experts, the Apple Watch is also getting the satellite feature this year or in 2023. Whether on the Apple Watch or iPhone, the technology would provide an alternative to the SPOT and Garmin inReach Explorer, handheld satellite communicators with identical features.
Recent signs suggest that Apple Company and its satellite partner Globalstar Inc. may be closer to launching such a feature. In addition, Globalstar Inc. announced in February that it had reached an agreement to acquire 17 satellites for “continuous satellite services” to support a potential customer who had previously paid hundreds of millions of dollars.
Since the beginning of the year, rumors have circulated that the iPhone 14 will be made of titanium. This gives it more strength in the case of drops. Furthermore, the Apple Company also plans to redesign the microphone grilles and speaker. The latest iPhones might have a thermal vapor chamber system to keep the phone cool and efficient, mainly when performing more demanding tasks.
There are still more rumors about the iPhone 14 until September. This iPhone model might be seen on June 6th, 2022, at the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC). Apple Company may announce upgrades to its different operating systems at this event. Sometimes the brand can indicate what to expect from Apple’s next generation of devices.